CHOOSE AS IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDS UPON IT. BECAUSE IT DOES.
Choices are the foundation of our lives. Every day you face the task of making hundreds of choices. Some are no-brainers like driving to the grocery store; others are pushed aside due to circumstances like being too tired to brush your teeth; some are pre-planned with good intentions like starting a retirement fund; and some choices are contemplated for years like trying to answer the question, “Should I stay or leave my marriage?”
Each and every one of these choices come from you. Each and every one of these choices has benefits and consequences. Each and every one of these choices can be changed at a moment’s notice.
So, here’s my question for you:
Are you living your life by CHOICE or by chance?
If you’re wondering what the difference is, take a look at the two lists below. Ask yourself, “Which world am I living in right now?”
A life lived by chance:
- I’ll keep hanging on to hope that our marriage will eventually get better on its own.
- I often find myself daydreaming about living a different life.
- I feel like I’m sitting on the fence of indecision.
- I’m upset that life seems to be passing me by.
- I’m always worried about messing up my kid’s future.
- I’m going around in circles like a hamster on a wheel and I have no idea how to get off.
- I’m stressed to the max and frustrated as hell that I can’t decide whether to get a divorce.
- I’m having “future” conversations with my spouse in my mind all the time.
A life lived by CHOICE:
- I’m embracing my indecision and accepting that this is where I am–for now.
- I’m giving myself an approximate timeline (not a deadline) to make this decision.
- I’m making this an absolute priority in my life. I’m dedicating the time, energy and resources necessary to make a decision that I’m confident in.
- I’m scheduling time in my day for self-care and reflection.
- I’m getting clearer on what I really want (and don’t want) in my life.
- I’m approaching change with an open mind and heart.
- I’m exploring new ways of seeing the world.
- I’m having a “real and raw” conversation with my spouse about the changes I want to see in our relationship
What ONE choice can you make RIGHT NOW to get closer towards making your decision?
Be clear and confident in your choices and then take ACTION.
Download my FREE Guide "5 Small Ways to Bring Peace Back into Your Life..Even though you have this Big Decision to make.
You don't have to sacrifice your sanity.